Anonymous said: Do you ever feel disconnected? From yourself. Your magick? And you dont know where to turn so you pull every book of the shelf and think it will help til you start reading and its not helping? That maybe meditation will unravel the knot?
yes, more often than I’d care to admit. dry spells are normal, though, and they happen to everyone at some point or another. try not stress and try to relax — this usually passes.
here are some suggestions for you.
- remember that it’s okay to take breaks. you do not have to be constantly practicing or studying.
- get back to the basics — what drew you to your path/practice in the first place? what resonated with you? if it had something to do with, say, nature — spend more time in nature and reconnecting with that energy.
- why do you think you feel disconnected? do you have any issues with depression? how’s your health? how’s your diet? are you especially stressed right now?
- maybe it’s the season? for example, I never feel like doing much during the summer because the heat saps my energy and motivation.
- maybe it’s time to let go of the books (for now) and start trying new things and/or start learning about something new. our path isn’t a straight line, it branches off. learning and trying new things can really help when we feel stuck or disconnected. sometimes we outgrow things. life changes, we change, we grow. it’s okay to move on from some things if they’re not relevant anymore.
- dry a different approach — instead of books, maybe start writing about your own experiences. maybe try starting conversations with other practitioners to learn new perspectives and ideas (tumblr’s great for this, but so are forums). also, sharing your ideas and teaching people new things can help rejuvenate your passion and connection.
- consider who inspires you (authors, scholars, fellow witches, etc)
- try to make things more fun — what are nifty things that you can try? candle magic, knot magic, making witches ladders, cooking magic, braiding magic (ribbon, yarn, even your hair!), crystal grids, making intricate charms filled with your magical intent…
- if you feel up to it, try a little magic. this Clarity and Focus Spell might assist you.
- if you feel meditation will help, definitely try!
if any one has any other suggestions, please share <3